Elements of Sunday:
- Get up without the help of an alarm clock
- Special breakfast (croissants, pancakes, pains au chocolate)
- Sunday papers
- Quiet activities
- Walking in the countryside
- Roast dinner
- Antiques Roadshow and Songs of Praise. We don't watch these TV programmes but I like to have them on because they are so 'Sunday'
- Sunday tea (boiled eggs, buns, crumpets, jam, honey)
- A wildlife programme (we all enjoy these)
- Kids in the bath, brushing wet hair, trimming toenails, bedtime
- A costume drama (nobody does it better than the BBC - Cranford was superb)
We don't do all of these things every Sunday, just some. It's enough to set us up for the week ahead.
Monday tomorrow, 6 days till the next Sunday - *sigh*.