Pages

Friday 20 February 2009

Pride before fall situation

Oh how smug I felt when my cinnamon rolls came out of the oven.
Oh how disappointed I was when the Lemon Pudding I'd made for dinner with a guest came out very brown (black, if we're being picky) and rather than the lovely lemon sauce that was supposed to be underneath the sponge, all warm, runny and citrusy, there was rubberised lemon goo. So, so, so disappointed. My darling husband tried his best and even had seconds (surely the mark of true love), but I knew that it was an unmitigated disaster. Next time I shall listen to that small voice that says "Gosh, 45-50 minutes seems like a long time to cook this", and put it in for less time.
I may even do the whole pudding again tonight, just to prove to myself that I can.

To perk myself up - here are mug, bowl and plate that I bought on sale (£3.50!) after Valentine's Day - aren't they fab!



No comments: