Pages

Friday 20 April 2012

What was made today?

I thought I'd show you what was made in our house today.

First up - a teacup pouch.  This is my first effort and now I can see where I need to make improvements. 
1.  Line everything up better so the seams match all the way round.
2. Cut the material for the handle on the bias - thought I could get away with it as I had a strip of fabric but, no, it needs to be bias cut.
3. Better free motion embroidery. 
4. Make sure material isn't wonky when I attach the zip.
5. Go slower - it is not a race!

Other than that (!) I'm quite pleased with it as the pattern was 4 out of 5 star difficulty rating and I consider myself to be a novice.
The pattern is from the supremely talented Laurraine Yuyrama at Patchwork Pottery




Next up is some apple, date and cinnamon bread, made by the husband.  Smells divine and I shall be having a slice for breakfast tomorrow.



And finally, pizza for tea.  Dough made by me (recipe below), toppings of salami and chicken satay.




Recipe for pizza dough that I use (for 3 bases):
  • 3 cups plain flour
  • 3 tsps sugar
  • 1 and half tsps salt
  • 2 tsps yeast
  • good sprinkling of herbs

Mix all this together in a bowl with about 1 and half cups of water until dough is formed.  Leave to rise in a lightly oiled bowl for about an hour.  Then split into three bits and press into pizza tins.
Much nicer and cheaper than shop bought!


5 comments:

Susan T said...

Hi Alex. Many thanks for your comment on my recent blog post. You don't look as if you are ailing from 'cantbebothereditis' at all, in fact you look like your home is a hive of industry, love the recipes, and your husband's home made bread looks super yummy. Life in OZ looks pretty good to me - and you get sunshine too.

koralee said...

Your blog is lovely and your sweet creations are adorable..Love your bread...I really would love a piece for my breakfast. Happy weekend

Poppy said...

I think I might come to your house for tea! You’ve done a fab job with the pouch Alex!
I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend!

Lou xxx

Gillian Roe said...

Wow, that pouch is fantastic! Your free motion embroidery is a lot better than mine. The apple, date and cinnamon bread looks and sounds divine. I bet it made the house smell wonderful. x

Alex said...

Thanks so much everyone for your comments. It's so nice to think that people are actually reading and enjoying! xx

Susan - the 'can'tbebothereditis' relates to work! I should be planning for the next term but there are so many other things claiming my attention.